Steel Planet X
The original thoroughbred racer; the steel Planet X is a cyclocross race beast. Its full custom geometry and precise welds stand up to the brutal conditions of cyclocross.
The steel Planet X features added chainstay clearance for rapid evacuation of mud, a tall bottom bracket for clearing obstacles, ample room in the mainframe for portaging, and a front end that maximizes handling characteristics.
MSRP: $3,315 w/ Whisky No. 7 canti fork*
* Complete pricing depends on custom options and selected componentry.
• Custom sizing included
• Size specific tubing to ensure a uniform ride in any size
• Tall head tube for ample shoulder clearance
• Extra tire clearance
• Carbon seat tube insert for strength and durability (27.2mm post required)
• Head tube and down tube gusset for optimal strength and stiffness
• Bottom bracket custom machined and relieved for lightweight strength
• CNC machined dropouts
• All tubes are sealed except the seat tube to minimize corrosion (Read about seat tube and frame maintenance)
• Choice of 24 stock colors
• 11 decal color combinations
• Non-transferable lifetime warranty on craftsmanship
• 5-year warranty on materials
• 130 or 135 mm rear axle spacing (no additional cost)
• Rim Brake frame set up for V-brakes or cantilever (no additional cost)
• Regular or track dropouts for single speed (no additional cost)
• Top tube or down tube cable routing (no additional cost)
• Choice of derailleur and brake cable routing (no additional cost)
• Rack & fender mounts
• Pump mount (no additional cost)
• S&S couplers for ultimate portability
• T47 bottom bracket shell
• Internally routed brake and Di2/EPS wiring ports
• Flat mount brake/ Syntace X-12 thru axle 142mm rear end
• Sterling silver head badge
The Steel Planet X offers a number of different tube set options from Reynolds, Columbus, Dedacciai, and Tange. Tubing is selected based on each rider’s weight and overall riding style for ideal handling.