Planet X – Steel
The original thoroughbred racer; the steel Planet X is a cyclocross race beast. Its full custom geometry and precise welds stand up to the brutal conditions of cyclocross.
The steel Planet X features added chainstay clearance for rapid evacuation of mud, a tall bottom bracket for clearing obstacles, ample room in the mainframe for portaging, and a front end that maximizes handling characteristics.
* Complete pricing depends on custom options and selected componentry.
- Custom IF steel fork
- Size specific tubing to ensure a uniform ride in any size
- Tall head tube for ample shoulder clearance
- Extra tire clearance
- Head tube and down tube gusset for optimal strength and stiffness
- Bottom bracket custom machined and relieved for lightweight strength
- Custom machined and heat treated dropouts
- All tubes are sealed except the seat tube to minimize corrosion (Read about seat tube and frame maintenance)
- Choice of 24 stock colors
- 11 decal color combinations
- Non-transferable lifetime warranty on craftsmanship
- 5-year warranty on materials
- Custom paint applied in our PPG Certified paint shop
- 130 or 135 mm rear axle spacing (no additional cost)
- Frame set up for V-brakes or cantilever (no additional cost)
- Disc brakes available (additional cost)
- Regular or track dropouts for single speed (no additional cost)
- Rack mounts
- Pump mount (no additional cost)
- S&S couplers for ultimate portability
- Water bottle and rack mount braze-ons
- 44mm head tube available
A number of different tube set options from Reynolds, True Temper, and Columbus. Tubing is selected based on each rider’s weight and overall riding style for ideal handling.